“Alila means “surprise” in Sanskrit. In fact, whether it is the appearance of the hotel or
every detail of the interiors, as the name has suitably describes, there are full of surprises for our guests.”
A blue ocean, large and small butterflies dance, the phoenix flies freely, and lifelike bats rest on the walls… Stepping into the hotel lobby, you will suddenly find yourself in an extraordinary location – the new five-star hotel Alila SCBD in the heart of Jakartaʼs most dynamic retail and business district.
- Alila means “surprise” in Sanskrit. In fact, whether it is the appearance of the hotel or every detail of the interiors, as the name has suitably describes, there are full of surprises for our guests.
- Alila SCBD is a masterpiece by Bangkok-based architectural firm IAW. The striking
boot-like shape design of the hotel stands out from the neighbouring buildings.
- Outside the hotel, guested are greeted by the “Orbital of Joy”, a large wall-mounted
work of art created by Yogyakarta-based art duo Indieguerillas. The circular orbital
shape of this contemporary piece represents a continuous cycle or journey. The six
characters that make up the piece represent travellers on their own personal journeys.
Each hugs a geotag icon symbolising a place to stopover, take a break and recoup one’s
energy along the journey.
- Stepping inside the lobby, you will immediately see an endless blue world, just like being embraced by the vast ocean. Your attention will instantly be drawn to a dramatic art installation titled “Birds, Bats and Butterfliesˮ. These are all auspicious creatures: the butterflies symbolise long life, beauty and elegance; the phoenix, one of the four celestial creatures, bring good fortune and opportunity. The installation was created by Australian-born architect and artist Richard Hassell, co-founder of the award-winning WOHA Architects.
- If you are a foodie, a few world-class restaurants in the hotel will surely satisfy your taste buds. These include New York style restaurant Vong Kitchen and the all-day dining restaurant Le Burger both by the celebrated Michelin starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and his son Cedric, and Hakkasan managed by the Hakkasan Group, all offering guests the ultimate dining experience.
- Whether Vong Kitchen, Le Burger or Hakkasan, stunning interior design is a contributing success factor. The interiors of Vong Kitchen and Le Burger ooze Manhattan vibes are in the hands of New York-based Rockwell Group, while the interior design for Hakkasan is by the renowned Parisian firm GBRH. The beautiful dining environment is complemented by exquisite cuisine, giving you a feast for both the eyes and the mouth.
- For accommodation, the hotel offers 227 stylish studios and suites. Minimalist, yet not simple in design, each guest room features beautiful picture windows and luxurious amenities, allowing guests to enjoy the day and night views of Jakarta.
- Staying at Alila SCBD, guests enjoy a unique accommodation experience and a memorable moment on their journey which is full of surprises!
Address: Lot 11 Jl. Jendral Sudirman
Kavling 52-53 Jakarta 12910
Telephone: (62) 21 5080 8777