When luxury hotels can no longer satisfy you, consider CHAO – a hotel that offers an experience that’s surprisingly different. It is not only a modern and stylish hotel but also a work of art. In addition to 180 design-led rooms, it also has an exclusive 15,000-sqm Clubhouse as well as a 3,000-sqm Art Centre. Here you can enjoy a year-round program that includes art exhibitions, film screenings, artistic creations and musical performances. If you love art and love life, you will be fascinated by CHAO’s personality and deeply attracted to what’s on offer here.
“CHAO offers guests the opportunity to mix with the local community and connect with like-minded people.”
- Located in the heart of Sanlitun, Beijing’s most happening lifestyle district, CHAO boasts an unusually minimalist white design. Entering the hotel, you are instantly hit by a strong artistic atmosphere. The long staircase at the lobby makes guests feel that they are in an art gallery where people can chat, read books and socialise. It is popular among locals who enjoy taking photos in this check-in area.
- The hotel perfectly blends heritage with innovation – the wooden floorboards at the lobby are collected from the old doors of buildings in Beijing’s ancient hutongs. Blending with the stylish decoration, it is a wonderful combination of the old and the new, and the ancient and the modern.
- Venturing to the art space on Level B1, you seem to have entered another time and space. Walking through the suspended corridors and open geometric design feels like crossing into the future. Various types of art event, including art and design exhibitions, fashion shows and writers’ sharing sessions, will be held here from time to time. You will be able to start an art journey without leaving your home.
- In the past, “Wo Art CHAO” exhibition has brought together over 50 well-known artists, designers and collectors from different cultural backgrounds and fields. The result is a unique “Delirium Warehouse” – a combination of different media, including sculptures, paintings and other works of art.
- After visiting the art exhibition, you can go to the Cinema Club to enjoy a movie. The private cinema is equipped with top-of-the-line 4K projectors and 32 plush leather recliner seats. This is the perfect venue for private viewings, VIP premieres, director’s cuts or product launches. A weekly “movie-night” program is sure to excite movie fans.
- After enjoying the wonderful movie, head to the restaurant bar o n the first floor and enjoy a feast of wine, food, and music. The bar showcases a handpicked roster of international musicians performing live jazz, rhythm & blues and funk.
- Glasshouse, which is on the second floor, is the chicest space in the hotel. With its soaring glazed concrete arches allowing daylight to flood the whole area, it provides a spectacular event space and has already hosted a number of high profile talks and exhibitions. This flexible and multipurpose venue is also ideal for fashion shows, wedding ceremonies and cocktail parties of up to 200 guests.
- For accommodation, the third floor Penthouse lounge and event space creates an urban oasis. It boasts an outside swimming pool, rooftop garden and cabana seating – perfect for relaxing and an ideal venue for private parties: a room with floor to ceiling windows in which you can comfortably sip wine and admire the view of the prosperous metropolis of Beijing.
- To try and sum up CHAO’s incredible personality is no easy task: it is sincere, charming and creative. After walking through the whole building, you will find that CHAO is quite unique. No mere hotel, it is really a space from which to explore new concepts.
Address: 4 Workers’ Stadium E Rd,
Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100027
Telephone: (86) 10 5871 5588